I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! My vacation ended yesterday and as such I am easing back into work and to blog posting.
This time of year is the time for lists and reflection, so it seems only fitting to look back at some of the most popular Rex & Regina posts over the last year. These popular posts reflect the three main categories regularly featured on the blog: weddings, social events, and at-home entertaining.
1. First on the list is the series dedicated to Julia Child and the release of the movie, Julie & Julia. The series included my humble review of the movie, information about Julia Child’s kitchen at the Smithsonian, Julia-themed party ideas, and other Julia resources.
2. Serving trays are entertaining essential. This next top post featured fabulous trays for everyday entertaining.
3. It’s always helpful to know the Do’s and Don’ts when bringing wine to a party.
4. Napkins are a perennial topic for entertainers. This two-part series looked at eco-chic entertaining with napkins. The first post talks about the beauty and practicality of napkin rings and the second looks at just how cool cloth cocktail napkins can be.
5. Cupcakes were all the rage in 2009, but artisan chocolates were the new dark horse in sweet treats.
6. A good host is always prepared for overnight guests and the tips in this next post provide a good checklist.
The final four popular posts on the list are all wedding-related.
7. I get a lot of questions about children at weddings — whether to invite them, how to entertain them… This post provides some helpful tips on the subject.
8. Another question I regularly answer is the difference between escort and place cards — an important distinction.
9. Weddings are a great time to collect wishes and advice from friends and family. This post provided some creative ways to do just that.
10. A great way to extend hospitality to your wedding guests is to offer them a gift bag upon arrival at the hotel. This post outlined the elements of the ultimate gift bag.